"Strip Maguire of Captainship" Ole Solksjaer told.


Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solksjaer should strip Harry Maguire of the captain's armband and give it to Paul Pogba, according to former Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood. Maguire was only appointed United captain in January after it became clear Ashley Young was set to leave the club for Inter Milan. The world's most expensive defender has had a solid first season at Old Trafford following his £80million arrival from Leicester.
But Sherwood believes giving Pogba the armband would go a long way to convincing the Frenchman Old Trafford is the right place for him long term.
"I think I've laid all my cards on the table about this boy Paul Pogba," Sherwood told Premier League Productions.
"For me he plays every single game. I would take the armband off of Maguire.
"I would persuade him to stay at Manchester United. I think it's the biggest club in the world, I think he needs the biggest stage in the world.
 
"If he wants to be there at the football club, for me I'd take the armband off of Maguire and give it to this boy and make him more responsible.
"For me I think he is one of the most outstanding midfield players we've seen in the Premier League but he needs to do it on a regular basis."

Pogba made his first appearance in 2020 on Friday night when United drew 1-1 at Tottenham in the club's first game back since the Premier League restart.
Pogba came off the bench midway through the second half and made a big impact, including winning the penalty for Bruno Fernandes' late equaliser.

Jege Squad

We promote & Hype���� - Music�� - event�� - videos�� Call or whatsapp +2349037510233 For inquiriies

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post